Hands Park/Ceylon Co-Ed Softball Rules 2004
· Each team shall designate at least 1 person to officiate from each team that is playing the
doubleheader that night.
o Whoever officiates the games shall leave a completed scorecard for that game in the locked box that is by the concession stand.
o Please report errors and omissions to league director John Gibeau at 632-4314 or by email at MayorCeylon@hotmail.com
· Exposed jewelry, which is judged by the umpire to be dangerous, must be removed. Wedding rings and medical alert bracelets are not considered jewelry.
· All bats used must be legally recognized by the ASA. If it is not legal in ASA, it is not legal here.
· Pitchers ok balls for play (too dark or unplayable)
· Start with 1 ball, 1 strike count. Two swinging or called strikes is an out. Courtesy foul is allowed. Second strike foul not out.
· Any rule not covered or mentioned is governed by the USA-ASA rule book.
· Three warm up pitches to start the game. One between innings. Penalty-called ball on batter. Batter has ten seconds to be in the batters box. Penalty- called strike on batter. Please Hustle Between Innings
· Each team is allowed 5 home runs per game, after that each home run is a foul/ strike.
· ASA rule book will be used for batting out of order and any other rules not covered by this piece of paper.
· Home team shall be the second number listed on schedule and keep official book
· No limit to players on the roster
· A team shall be able to use players in the stand if short if 1) The player does not play for another team in the league; 2) Is not during playoff time
· Must have seven players to start a game. You can play with more guys than girls, but the guys cannot exceed 5 in a game at one time. An out is taken in between two guys batting together.
· If a team is not prepared to start the game 15 minutes after its scheduled time, they will receive a loss. If you have seven players to start, you must start.
· To qualify a player to play in the playoffs, they must have played in at least 2 regular season games as verifiable by score book.
· Protests: Notify umpire. Written protests must be made within 24 hours of the protested games completion. A $25.00 check must accompany the protest and be submitted to the league director in the time prescribed.
· If a male is walked he will go straight to second base, the next girls bats unless there are two outs. The girl can request to bat with two outs.
· The game will end if there is a 12 run lead after 5 innings.
· You will bat your own balls
· Sliding is optional, but you are out if you intentionally or flagrantly try to hurt someone when not sliding or purposely interfere with play. This goes for all bases.
· Game cancellations- During game or start of game, umpires decision. If it is raining, listen to KFMC/KSUM at 5:00 or 5:30 for cancellation. If there is lightning the game will be called.